Saturday, April 04, 2009

Cheating Darren Sammy


First things first, I'm not a big fan of Darren Sammy anyway. No idea why, I mean he's not even that great a player, and symbolic to a certain extent of the malaise that has hung over West Indies cricket for too long but appears to be shifting. He just has an annoying face (see right). I offer no evidential or rational explanation, apart from he has an annoying face.

However, I now have a reason to dislike him. Because he blatantly cheated in the final ODI between the Windies and England last night. Just as England are ticking along nicely through the middle overs, Sammy dives to his left to take a low catch. My first instinct was 'that's a decent catch'. Then I thought 'hang on, that's got to be the luckiest catch in the world ever as I'm sure it bounced out his hands'. Lo and behold, a quick replay clearly shows that the ball bounced out of his hands, onto his shoulder, onto the ground before Sammy scooped it up and claimed the catch. With a big grin on his stupid face. How a player can seriously claim a catch like that is beyond me.

So, Darren Sammy, the Giraffe Farmer deems you a cheat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home